Friday, November 21, 2008

She's Gettin' Busy

An emergency came up and I was called unexpectedly to the office. Yikes! I'm sitting here in my pajamas (hot pink and purple stripped flannel and yes, they give me nightmares) writing to tell you all that the question won't get answered until tonight. Wait, no, not tonight because the Bishop hasn't been home all week and that hunky Bishop is my husband. Who also got home last night and folded laundry. . . . I think I'm in love. And I think I'll show him some of that love tonight. (ha! sorry, I won't go there again.)

So below is the awesome question. Fun if you all discussed this issue because, don't lie, you struggle with it too! And if my husband survives the best night of our existence tonight (ha! sorry, I went there again), then I should be back here at some point on Saturday.

Dear SGF,

I struggle with body image. A lot. I hate the way my body looks. While it is true that I need to lose a significant amount of weight, I am not sure I would have a healthy body image even if I were to lose the 40-50 pounds I need to lose. I was athletic in my youth and very thin, but was never happy with my body even then. I compare myself to every woman I see, and I nearly always lose. I have a close friend who is tall and thin and I envy her. It is becoming a barrier in our friendship because of my bitter feelings. I don't know what to do.

How does one go about changing the way one feels about their body? I think I'd do better if I could live in a hut on a deserted island without a mirror, but that's not really a practical solution for someone living in the modern world. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You have my permission to use this question on your blog if you'd like. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person with this problem.

Sincerely,

SSG

No comments: